The first visit is an evaluation where your physical therapist will create a plan of care with you, based on the information you provide and the examination findings. If we are your first point of contact, we will make sure to communicate the findings with your primary care physician to collaborate your care with them. On your first visit please dress comfortably and carry the following:
- Current X-ray, MRI or CT scan reports or post-surgical instructions.
- Driver's license/Government issued photo I.D. & your Health Insurance card.
- Doctor's presription. In NJ you can also directly access Physical therapy services, without a prescription from another health care provider.
- For HMO plans- Referral from PCP. This is an insurance document, different from a presciption.
- Medication list with dosage, frequency, and reason for intake.